6 years. 100 + workshops. 1000 + empowered participants.
ePlace is please to offer its latest Savvy Home Buyer and Nuts and Bolts of Real Estate Investing workshops which will take place on November 19th and December 3rd. More information below.
The Savvy Home Buyer gives you an overview of the home buying process with special emphasis on things you should know to keep you safe through your search and purchase. In this two-hour workshop we’ll learn about:
1) mortgages, mortgage expenses, and getting pre-approved
2) how to evaluate different areas, find a home and learn what’s involved in working with an agent
3) how to vet a property and figure out its fair market value.
We’ll go through the specific forms involved in purchasing a property and talk about the home inspection, purchase and sale, mortgage contingency, walk-through and closing.
We’ll also have a special discussion about getting property in a highly competitive market and talk about some paths to affordable home ownership.
Workshops are interactive and information-packed, and there’s always an opportunity for questions. Happy house-hunting!
The Nuts and Bolts of Real Estate Investing workshop is a hands-on introduction to real estate investing that aims to get your comfortable with some basic ways to evaluate real estate investment. In this workshop we will:
1) run the numbers on a multi-family investment property;
2) understand capitalization rate, rent multiplier, and return on investment;
3) discuss financing and taxes;
4) review detailed real-life examples of a condo conversion and a rental project;
5) discuss “lessons learned” from local investors, including myself.
These workshops are interactive, information-packed, and there’s always an opportunity for questions. Best of luck with all of your adventures in real estate.