ePlace has a commitment to giving back to the community and to making the home buying and selling process transparent to end users. Part of this commitment includes providing in-depth, unbiased information to consumers through workshops and online content.
Information on the current workshops is available below. These workshops are free and open to the public but require pre-registration to reserve a space. All workshop (unless otherwise indicated) are held at our offices at 830 Mass Ave in Cambridge.
This workshop covers the home-buying process in detail. It includes:
- deciding on the price point that is right for you
- understanding mortgages, mortgage expenses, and getting pre-approved
- finding a home
- property due diligence and comparative market analysis
- elements of the offer
- home inspection, purchase and sale, mortgage contingency, walk-through and closing
- special discussion of short sales, bank-owned properties, foreclosures, and paths to affordable homeownership
This session covers the nuts and bolts of real estate investing, and draws on interviews with local investors and lenders. Topics include:
- real estate vs. other types of investments
- owning and managing rental property
- renovation and resale
- condominium conversion
- detailed real-life examples
- a real estate plan for the future
This workshop covers many of the things you’ll want to do and know to get your home ready for sale. Topics will include: cleaning-up and staging your home, and the value of potential improvements; pricing and marketing your home to maximize your return; the best times of year to sell; the logistics of buying a new home while selling your old one; and costs and timeline for selling.
Wednesday June 12, 6:00 – 8:00 register here