ePlace has a commitment to giving back to the community and to making the home buying and selling process transparent to end users. Part of this commitment includes providing in-depth, unbiased information to consumers through workshops and online content.
Information on the current workshops is available below. These workshops are free and open to the public but require pre-registration to reserve a space. All workshop (unless otherwise indicated) are held at our offices at 830 Mass Ave in Cambridge.
This workshop covers the home-buying process in detail. It includes:
- deciding on the price point that is right for you
- understanding mortgages, mortgage expenses, and getting pre-approved
- finding a home and working with an agent
- property due diligence and comparative market analysis
- elements of the offer
- home inspection, purchase and sale, mortgage contingency, walk-through and closing
- special discussion of getting a property in a highly competitive market and paths to affordable home-ownership.
This session covers the nuts and bolts of real estate investing. We will:
- talk about real estate vs. other types of investments;
- run the numbers on a multi-family investment property;
- understand capitalization rate, rent multiplier, and return on investment;
- discuss taxes and financing;
- review detailed real-life examples of a condo conversion and rental project;
- discuss “lessons learned” from local investors.